I have been making this White Chocolate Almond Bread Pudding for years and it’s one of my all time favorite desserts. It is fabulous to serve during the cold winter months and is always a crowd pleaser.
I grew up seeing (but never eating) cafeteria bread pudding that was always bedecked with raisins. I have no real issue with raisins, but they will never make their way into my bread pudding.
Here are the ingredients. I used Mercken’s white wafers and you can find them here. I have also used Ghirardelli White Chocolate morsels, which are very good and available at the grocery store. I absolutely love Heilala Vanilla Bean Paste and if you would like to try it, you can get it here. Any vanilla extract is fine to use, though.
Oddly enough, I used hot dog buns for the bread. One of my culinary instructors used hot dog buns to make bread pudding for an event we were a part of. I’m pretty sure it was because it was what he had on hand, but was amazed at how good it was. I’ve used all sorts of other white bread too, and it is always delicious.
Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes until set and golden brown. I added extra almonds after about 30 minutes of baking. While the bread pudding is baking, make the white chocolate sauce. The instructions are in the recipe below.
You can serve it hot, straight out of the baking dish and pour the sauce over each serving. Or you can dress it up and plate it individually.
To make individual servings, allow it to cool completely and use a round cutter.
Spoon the white chocolate sauce onto the plate and place the pudding on top. Ladle more sauce on top and heat in the microwave for a few seconds right before serving. This would also be really good with raspberries.
It is crisp and caramelized on the top and rich and creamy inside. Pure bliss.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
White Chocolate Almond Bread Pudding
- 1 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1-2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almonds, sliced or slivered
- 7 cups bread, cut into cubes
- 12 oz white chocolate, chopped
White Chocolate Sauce
- 12 oz white chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, eggs, brown sugar, cream, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Add bread and white chocolate and pour into baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
- Top each serving with white chocolate sauce.
White Chocolate Sauce
- Heat the white chocolate and cream in the microwave at 30 second intervals until melted.
- Whisk until smooth.