I love baking muffins, and these Morning Glorious Muffins are my absolute favorite. I adapted this recipe from one I found in a magazine years ago, and it’s basically foolproof. They are much like carrot cake, with the added texture of coconut and the warmth of cinnamon.
Fill each liner about 3/4 full. This pan is a part of the Texturra Performance Non-Stick Bakeware by Wilton, and I really love it. I have a couple of other pieces of this bakeware and it truly is non-stick with very easy clean-up, too. It looks gray in these photos, but it’s actually a pretty light turquoise.
Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve with butter or softened cream cheese. This makes approximately 24 muffins.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded or grated carrot
- 1½ cups shredded or grated apple
- ¾ cups coconut
- ½ cup chopped dates
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together carrot, apple, coconut, and dates. Stir in eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, stirring until moistened. Stir in pecans.
- Fill each paper liner ¾ full.
- Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with butter or softened cream cheese.